We have a wealth of experience to assist our clients with litigation in the High Court, Regional Court, Magistrate’s Court as well as other forums.
Through time and experience we have also built up a network of exceptional specialists in the form of Advocate’s, Attorneys, other legal experts and professionals with whom we work on a daily basis.
Our professional litigation services include:
- Written demands for payment of money and the fulfilment of contractual obligations;
- Instituting and defending court actions;
- Instituting and opposing court applications;
- Attending and representing clients in Court proceedings as well as other hearings;
- Arbitration proceedings;
- Rental disputes;
- Evictions under the Prevention of Illegal Eviction and Unlawful Occupation of Land Act (“PIE”);
- Evictions under the Extension of Security of Tenure Act (“ESTA”);
- Divorce, maintenance and other family law matters;
- Providing opinions and advice regarding any matters of law, procedure or matters of commercial importance
- Resolving tax disputes and assisting with SARS dispute resolution procedures.
We provide personal representation and assistance in criminal matters regarding:
- Providing advice regarding criminal law and procedure;
- Commercial crime;
- Bail applications;
- Criminal Court appearances and trials.
- Arrests and questioning by SAPS; and
- Driving under the influence / drunken driving (DUI).
Our firm provides a personal property transfer service comprising of inter alia:
1. Drafting of Deed of Sale or Offer to Purchase agreements;
2. Drafting of Transfer documents such as Deeds of Transfer, Power of Attorney to Pass Transfer, Application for Certified Copy of Lost Title Deed, etc.
3. Drafting of Conveyancer’s Certificates;
4. Applications for Rates Clearance Certificates from relevant Local Authorities
5. Registration of Transfer of Immoveable Property (Freehold and Sectional Title)
We will gladly assist you with the following:
- General commercial agreements
- Lease agreements
- Restraints of trade
- Sale of a business
- Employment agreements
- Shareholding agreements
- Franchise agreements
- Joint venture agreements
- Acknowledgments of debt
- Loan agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Sale of immoveable property
Our firm offers expert advice on the drafting of trusts. We are furthermore well versed on the procedures and requirements in the Masters office and can therefore assist you with all trust related matters.
We can assist you with first applications for liquor licences, the transfer of liquor licences as well as applications for temporary or special event liquor licences.
Our team is well equipped and ready to assist you. In this regard, we will provide you with a professional and personal service in navigating the often daunting legal world.
JP Joubert grew up in the Helderberg and obtained his LLB degree from the University of Stellenbosch. He then joined Heunis & Heunis Attorneys in Somerset West, where he completed his articles.
JP continued his professional career at Heunis & Heunis where he became a director of the firm in 2007 and headed the litigation department. JP left the firm in 2011 to establish JP Joubert Attorneys.
JP is also a consultant at Karel Brink Attorneys.
Herman grew up in Durbanville and matriculated from Durbanville High School. Herman also studied law at Stellenbosch University and enjoyed student life at Dagbreek Men’s residence. After Herman graduated with his LLB degree from the University of Stellenbosch he commenced his articles of clerkship under the well known Serf Hurter of A S Hurter Attorneys in Cape Town.
Upon completion of his articles, Herman was admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa and took up employment as a professional assistant at Heunis Law Group.
In 2011 Herman joined JP Joubert Attorneys.
Mr Brink is our consultant and is an experienced litigant in all branches of the law. Mr Brink completed his articles of clerkship at Rosendorff Attorneys in Bloemfontein in 1964 where he served as Professional Assistant until February 1965 before taking up Partnership at the firm.
Mr Brink left Rosendorff Attorneys in May 1985 to join Jan S De Villiers Attorneys as a Partner where he remained in this position for nearly 23 years. During this time Mr Brink was the mentor to many successful advocates, attorneys and other legal professionals.
In 2008 Mr Brink joined the firm Heunis Law Group as a consultant. Mr Brink and JP worked closely together in the litigation department.
In November 2009 Karel started his own firm in Strand which works in association with JP Joubert Attorneys Inc. and Boy Louw Inc.
Bridget matriculated at El Shadai High School and thereafter graduated from Stellenbosch University with her LLB degree.
She is currently furthering her studies at UNISA for her Masters degree in Tax.
Bridget completed her articles of clerkship under JP and was admitted as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa in 2012.
081 511 9796
086 609 9371
JP Joubert Attorneys Incorporated,
Caledon Street Chambers,
30 Caledon Street, Somerset West
PO Box 445, Strand, 7139